วันจันทร์ที่ 6 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

To all first time mom who had delivered baby recently!?

I am 38 weeks pregnant! I just packed my delivery bag for hospital! I want to ask to all the first time mom's who had recently delivered baby- Did you forgot to take anything which was very very important?

I just packed everything that is required - 2 nightgowns,pairs of socks ,pair of slippers ,nursing pads,nursing bra ,2 one piece bodysuits...etc after researching on net. But still can u suggest me something which is very important that i am missing!


I packed a favorite stuffed animal, a small one that I held for the longest time while in labor- then I gave it to my daughter and told her that the animal was with me all the time in L&D- it has great sentimental value and even smelled a little like the hospital!! She loved the idea!!

also SODAS AND SNACKS!!! Pack some snacks for you and hubby, have hubby bring a cooler with lots of soft drinks- the hospital staff is too busy to keep you supplied and buying them in the hospital costs extra $$- so we brought our own sodas and snacks!! plus bring change for vending machines if you want anything else- beats having to run to the cafeteria and eventually, hubby will not want to leave the room. Remember- for you, try to keep caffeine free generally to keep your blood pressure down, but have a drink with a little caffeine there for a boost.

They also suggest to bring a favorite pillow and blanket for your comfort, leave your jewelry at home, remember your camera, camcorder and it's AC or chargers!!! Remember your brush, toothbrush, cosmetics, a mirror!! and anything like body spray that will make you feel feminine and yourself- being so exposed and with somebody constantly up your crotch, those little things will make you feel more dignified being in those embarrassing situations- also hair clips, hair ties, head bands- to keep your hair out of your face- remember, it is called labor because it is alot of work!!

Remember warm clothes for the baby when you take him/her home!

to save you lugging in a huge bag, pack a bag with going home clothes for you and baby that someone can take in later. Also pack a nice top (pregnant size still) so that you can look ok for your first posed baby pics as often this is the pic everyone gets shown (bottom half can look rubbish as it will be under bedding!).

I would suggest more babygros, but again in a bag that can be taken along later if needed.

my hopspital asked that we have a separate easy to find bag with babygro, vest, nappy, hat and blanket for baby to go into as soon as its born. This is given to the midwife to put on as soon as baby is weighed as baby gets very cold when its born! They also suggested that you pack your labour stuff in one bag (eg oils, t-shirts, music) with the baby bag, and the stuff for the stay in another that can be left in car for your birth partner to pick up after labour.

Hmm, I took toiletried and sanitary pads and disposable panties. THAT is a must! Get a pack of cottons if no disposable's and throw away after. Take a few snacks and a book and some onesies for the baby that will fit him/her. Our hospital had undershirts that were TOO big and my son was swimming in them at 7-6.

When you decide what to wear home, make sure it is stretchy and bigger than your other clothes. If you buy panties, buy them a size bigger than normal (at least). Something to keep your feet warm, and a pillow and blanket for your support person. My laptop was a LIFESAVER while I spent the 4 days at the hospital after my c-section. The hospital had wifi and I could email my family and friends baby updates daily (she was in the NICU), and play games to take my mind off the crappy situation and the pain.

Good luck and congrats!

the "etc" doesn't help tell me what you DO have, but makes sure that you have plenty of undies, and something to wear home, you don't want to be walking out to your car in your nightgown. But it sounds like you have done your research, so just relax as much as you can. Good luck and congrats on the baby!

You want to remember you toothbrush, toothpaste, and something to put your hair back. I best thing that I had during my delivery was a dula. They assist you throughout the entire delivery. My dula was totally worth the price. She let my husband sleep and when I needed a nurse she would find them right away so my husband could stay with me. Just a thought.

Yeah! You forgot the toothbrush.

But don't worry - they've got it all at the hospital. You're having a CHILD!

You are not gonna be left in the cold cold snow unless you live in George Bush-country. In that case, may God help you!

But you're having a child anyway, so 'Don't Worry - Be Happy'.

Nurses without limits - care all over; that's their job.

The best to you and the small one!

Lars.

Toiletries ie: maternity pads if you have a natural you'll definaltey need them. Books/Magazines nipple cream if you breastfeed mitten for bubs as their nails are a little long and too soft to cut anything else should be covered in your hospital leaflet.

I packed a cheap pack of undies about 10 pairs in the packet then i could just bin them after i used them (you bleed alot after having a baby so they get a bit messy) also some comfortable clothes to go home in.

I forgot shampoo, soap and toothpaste. I would also take Always overnight pads. At the hospital, they have these ridiculous pads and hose they make you wear.

I brought my own pillow but wished I had brought my own blanket as well. I had flip flops for the shower and a bathrobe b/c it was easier to just keep on the hospital gown.

Dont know if you packed this already but an invaluable item I had was disposable maternity knickers! So much better than cotton ones and you just bin them! Not pretty looking but thats the last thing on your mind! Good luck x

i forgot food (snacks at least)

the hospital food was disgusting.

If you have a Boppy and a book on nursing, definitely bring those.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น