วันอังคารที่ 31 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Do I really need my own nightgown/robe for my hospital bag?

The hospital said that they prefer to just provide them, but I'm not sure they'll have anything that will cover me up satisfactorily during my recover period. Will I be allowed to wear sweats and a t-shirt or do I have to stay in a gown the whole two days after? I've been to three stores in the last few weeks and I almost started crying today after shopping for three hours trying to find some sort of nighty or robe to bring to the hospital. I always just wear flannel pants, sweats or shorts and a tank or t-shirt. All the robes I've found are super-short. The nightgowns don't fit and most don't button (making it easier to nurse without lifting your whole gown up). What items do I ACTUALLY need for this bag? I hate shopping and tend to get depressed when I can't find what I need, so I want to avoid going "out there" again if possible. I ended up settling on some crappy nursing bras in a box from Mervyns because they were the first I could find that would fit me and I was too depressed to keep shopping around more stores.


I'd suggest you stick with getting some kind of nightgown rather than using sweats. I too prefer pants or shorts... but remember, you may end up having a c-section or episiotomy or something, and you can't be wearing pants if you need the nurse's assistance for the first day or two! So, personally I'd rather have a nightgown than go starkers under the sheet.

That said, you could always use a hospital gown. They've already said they prefer to provide them -- I'm certain they are able to accomodate a wide range of body types for both men and women. Even with the tie-shut kind, often you wear one on your back (like a bathrobe) and one on your front, so nothing is flapping in the breeze!

You can wear whatever you want once you have had the baby!! They can advise you to wear the hospital robe when you are in labour and giving birth but after that its up to you what you wear!

I wore a tracksuit and my own dressing gown whilst i was recovering (was in for 4 days due to c-section) and that did me just fine! Take whatever you feel comfortable in and dont let them boss you about, its up to you!!

I stole a night gown from my mom who is bigger then me that i plan to wear... But you don't really NEED to bring one. If the back being open just isn't your thing just bring your sweat pants to wear under the hospitals and think of it this way you don't have to take it home and wash it

dont get upset hun wear whatever is comfortable to u, u can wear whatever u want. try a maternity store at the mall or look online best of luck, i got my gown at wal mart and it is a nursing gown it doesnt button up but it has slits in it and it was a little big but it was comoftable and it wasnt tight which u dont want

Oh my...you can wear exactly what you want! It's a hospital not a prison...your body, your baby, you birth experience...remember YOU are in charge...of course you can wear sweats..I did....and a big t shirt...you dont have to wear, do or say anything you dont want to..you're in charge!

You cant wear sweats and a t-shirt at the hospital (which sucks) because you will be bleeding and a nurse will be coming in to clean you up. You would just ruin the pants. You can take a nightgown of your own, but it will get ruined.

I would suggest getting one just because you don't want to walk around in a hospital gown for 2 days. Your family will be in and out and the robes that tie in the back aren't exactly flattering. I went to wal mart and got a nursing robe and it was great. Here are links to a couple, then you could just order them online and not have to worry about going out.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8000991

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5131405

1 thing you will learn VERY quickly in hospital about the midwives there... they are extremely opinionated on what THEY think you must and mustn't do from what you wear, to how you feed your bub ect... my most valuable piece of advice being a veteran (2 kids already and 1 on the way lol) is this.... ignore what they tell you and do what feels right!!! I wore a crappy old nighty to deliver my babies in, then i had a shower right after, and chucked on pants and a shirt and spent the entire time i was in hospital wearing similar clothes! Do not let yourself get worked up over what they want you to say... because really... with no complications arising.. you're able to safely leave hospital 6 hrs after giving birth... so if they peeve you off enough... just go home!!

Goodluck darl and don't stress... having a baby is stressful enough as it is without them being particularly annoying!

I wore their crappy gowns. One normally and one to like a robe to cover my ***. I was glad to wear and stain their clothes. :) You pass allot of gross things the first few days. Lots of blood clots etc. Its not like I didn't have a giant pad on its just as soon as you move you gush. Anyhow I brought my own long terry cloth type robe for when I took my son and went wandering. Wear what you want anyhow. Just don't wear anything too nice cause anything can happen.

You can wear whatever you want! You can even give birth naked if you want. They'll give you a quick "down there" exam before you go home. You can wear whatever you want-- all you'll have to do is take your pants off for 5 minutes. You're giving birth-- you've earned the right to be comfy!

I'd prefer sweat pants (loose) or loose flannel pants and a baggy t-shirt. You could find a shirt that zips or buttons down the front, or even just wear a bath robe. You don't need to wear a nightgown if you don't want to. By the way, expect to still look about 5 months pregnant after you give birth. So get clothes that will fit that.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น