วันพุธที่ 18 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How big was your hospital bag?

I am 34 weeks tomorrow and have been packing my hospital bag for the baby and I. I feel like I am packing my whole house(cd player,pads, clothes,cosmetics,nursing bras,nightgowns,etc)! I have been going off lists from the internet and it just seems like so much stuff! How big was your bag? Am I packing too much or is there just lots of stuff you need? Any advise would be great! Thanks!


Pack some comfortable items to wear after the delivery (once the doctor tells you it is okay to wear your own clothing), You will need your personal items (toothbrush, brush/comb, etc) and of course an outfit for the baby ( I took 2 just in case the first one was a little big) You may also want a baby blanket to go home with. I did not take any extra items like CD player, books, etc because I just delivered and I needed the rest (what little I got, the nurses bug you a lot). The size of my back was a normal back pack/diaper bag. I ONLY took what was necessary for a couple of days. Really it is up to you how much you want to carry...But remember what ever you take you must bring back home and with a baby too! Good Luck and congratulations.

Mine's my carry-on bag. I think I had a bigger bag with my first baby, but this is my 5th, so I've got it down to a science. A lot of the stuff I took to the hospital the first time I NEVER used.

Don't worry about taking too much, I think you'd rather do that than not have something and wish you'd included it. If you have more kiddos, next time you'll have a better idea of what you'll actually want and need.

Congrats, not long now!

I had 2 different bags. One for delivery cd player and the other stuff we thought we would need. Then another bag with 2 changes of clothes and one outfit to take the baby home in and what ever cosmetics I needed. I did get some travel size stuff so as not to take up so much room. The hospital will have pads and gowns for you to wear and they generally are nursing gowns so don't worry about those things. Just remember there is not much room and you can always send someone out to get something for you. Good luck, being a mom is awesome. My daughter is 9 months.

well thats good you getting started now i waited until i was in labor to pack my bag, but you will need for the baby: clothes, socks, t-shirts,car seat,(the hospital will give you diapers,wipes,baby wash,craddle cap brush,hat),blankets,outfit for pictures. For yourself: capstick,hard candy (throat gets dry),loose fitting clothes(sweatpants,t-shirts), socks,nursing bra, nursing nightgown(you dont really need pads cause the hospital will give you those and a ice pad) camera,(get your hair done in a style you dont have to worry about keeping up) i may have missed something but thats about it

One or two nightgowns, slippers, clean undies and things such as a blanket, sleeper or outfit for the baby is all the clothes you should need. you can take a hair dryer and your toothpaste, toothbrush, and other toiletries .

I read somewhere to pack two bags - one for during labor, with your labor goodies (CDs, hard candies, tennis ball for massage, etc.) and a small suitcase with clothes. That being said, I had an emergency c-section 3 weeks ahead of schedule. My labor bag was ready but I didn't have any clothes with me except what I wore to the hospital. In the end it didn't matter because I ended up being much more comfy in hospital gowns! The one thing I'm glad I put in my labor bag in terms of clothing was warm socks - the hospital room temps were all over the place. You probably won't use half of what you pack! I didn't!

I used a med. size duffel bag. I packed a going home outfit for me and the baby and travel size toiletries. I suggest using hospital gowns so yours doesn't get stained and just bring a robe in case you want to walk the halls or when you have company. I was a scheduled csection so I didn't need a cd player or anything like that. The hosp. provided the pads and such so I didn't pack any of those items either. Good luck and congrats.

call the hospital- most of them have a CD player in the room.

same with the pads- the store doesn't sell the ones you need right after anyway. pack a bunch of nightgowns- PJ's are a mistake- overflow of sleeping funny will ruin them.

pack shampoo and body wash (Moisturizing- for some reason skin tends to dry out after) Showers will be your best friend- I must've taken 20 before I left the hospital each time. slippers or plenty of socks and mouthwash and toothpaste. You only need 1 outfit for each of you to wear home. and after that everything else will be provided at the hospital- i.e. diapers, formula.

We have a regular-sized suitcase packed. This is my second pregnancy and the first time we used the same suitcase. We packed nightgowns, and a robe for me, some old underwear, nursing bras, nursing pads, toiletries, clothes for my husband, movies to watch during labor, the digital camera, photo dock, and laptop, coming home outfits for the baby and me, clothes and toiletries for my husband, and some extra room for freebies from the hospital.

I didn't pack that much, nightgown, going home outfit for you and baby, robe, socks, underwear, suckers (come in handy for dry mouth. Don't worry about forgetting something, believe me hubby will be more than happy to get out of the hospital for an hour or two to run errands for you if you do forget something. When you are in the hospital all the attention is around you and the baby, he'll need to get some "fresh air". Plus this gives you and the baby some ALONE time.

I packed my bag 11 times for 11 hospital stays. The lists online are excessive! I packed a suitcase that was carry-on sized. (Large backpack, small gym-bag size)

My list:

Carmex (#1 most important thing!)

Toiletries - deoderant, hair brush, tooth brush and tooth paste is about all that is needed unless you're very fussy and your baby is kept in the nursery,not rooming in.

A skirt to wear during labor - it's easy for them to do exams. MUCH more comfy than a hospital gown!

A support tank or comfy stretchy bra to wear during labor and if you choose to breastfeed. If you think you will NOT opt for early discharge, pack 2 of each.

Pajamas, tank top and robe for recovery. If you think you will NOT opt for early discharge, pack 2 of each.

Camera and batteries.

List of phone numbers if you will want to call people right away.

Baby book if you want to put foot prints in it.

Clothes for baby

___________________

Don't pack:

Pads. The hospital provides them. They're about 4 times as big as a maxi overnight pad. You'll need it!

CD player. Most hospitals provide CD players and CDs.

Cosmetics. Seriously... it will be the last thing on your mind. ... And all the other mothers will hate you for it :)

Nursing bra. I think they're unnecessary and ugly in general. A support tank top and stretchy bra is great. Just slide the bra strap off your shoulder and pull out your boob.

If the hospital has a Mother's Lounge with food, don't pack snacks.

If the hospital provides "meshies" you may not want to pack underwear. If you do, pack LOTS. You'll need them!

Clothes to go home in - you can wear the clothes that you wore to the hospital!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น